The assessment centre really helped break the ice with some of the people I would be learning and working with in the future. The environment was very different to many other assessment centres, in that instead of being in competition with everyone people were supportive of one another.
Before the assessment centre I had been so nervous, but I ended up having a great time working with the other candidates. I gained not only the experience of taking part in an assessment centre, but I also made a few new friends along the way!
I thoroughly enjoyed the assessment centre. For me, it was an excellent opportunity to speak to intelligent and interesting people about the programme and working in the sector in general.
Application Form: Opens 2 October 2017, closes 19 January 2018
Strengths-focused telephone/video interview: 13 November to 9 February 2018
Day in the Life Assessment Centre: one day, week beginning 12 or 19th March 2018 depending on institution
Offer and contract issued to successful candidates: Week beginning 2 April 2018
Induction: 5-7 September 2018
We assess all candidates against our strengths assessment model, which examines the key strengths (areas of work which energise and motivate you) and the essential skills and behaviours for success on this programme. These include:
- Motivational fit - do you understand the programme and what you will doing, and have you the passion, enthusiasm and energy to make a difference?
- Working with others - can you work collaboratively and effectively with others at all levels throughout each placement?
- Delivering results - will you adopt a structured and planned approach to producing quality results?
- Managing relationships - can you work closely with customers and students to define and meet their needs, and build relationships effectively?
- Strategic thinking - do you think about wider issues, use resources effectively and adhere to policies and guidelines?
- Dealing with change and thinking innovatively - can you generate new ideas and tackle change positively?
- Analysis and decision-making - can you collate and analyse information effectively in order to make informed decisions?
- Communication, influencing and knowledge-sharing - do you have clear and effective written and verbal communication skills?
Please refer to the hints and tips section to help you with each stage of the assessment process